Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Next Denim Quilt Started


I've started the next denim quilt.  I'm trying to machine quilt each block as I go.  This is the first time that I've done this and also the first time I have done the sashing this way.  I'm thinking not too bad for my first attempts but I am definitely going to have to put more practice in. 

I had to put one of my sewing machines in the shop today and I'm actually kind of glad that I did.  It forced me to go back to my old Brother XL6562 and it sews so much smoother than the one I just put in the shop.  It is also a Brother but is one of the computerized Project Runway models.  My only problem right now is that I've lost the darning plate to this old one so I can't free motion on this machine but I'm going to order another one and I think I am going to start using this old machine more.  It is not computerized but I'm thinking it is more heavy duty than the other and can take my quilting better.  I'll keep the other because I do like the decorative stitches it offers.

No comments:

Post a Comment